Get To Know Maurice
Maurice and his wife Jane have been residents of York Region for over 50 years and have lived within Ward 2 since 2004. They now call Ballantrae home, and are the proud parents of four adult children and enjoy ten grandchildren.
Maurice began his journey with Town Council when he was elected in Ward 2 in 2014. He has enjoyed representing the residents of his community, and the Town he calls home, and hopes to continue to do so in 2022 and beyond.
Maurice worked for many years in the financial management area of a major Canadian packaging company. He completed his 27 year career with this firm in 1998 when he held the position of Director, Risk Management and Global Real Estate.
In 1998 he opened his own business management consulting firm specializing in corporate real estate management. He wound up his consulting practise in 2014 to act as a full time elected official.
During his business career he travelled globally to negotiate major purchase, sale and merger contracts on behalf of his employer and clients. He served for a number of years on the Board of Directors of Waterman Insurance Corporation located in Bridgetown, Barbados.
Volunteer and Community Involvement
- Province of Ontario Volunteer Service Award
- Stouffville Library Board of Trustees 2006-2014
- Chairman Library Board of Trustees for 3 Years
- Chairman Not-For-Profit Housing Complex , Markham for 4 Years
- Past President – Deputy Governor – Canadian Kinsmen Club
- Organizing Chairman – Whitchurch- Stouffville Christmas Dinner
- President Condo Board Richmond Hill
- Kinsmen Committee Fund Raiser for CF Research
- Contributing Writer – Stouffville Free Press & Other Publications
- Life Member – Kinsmen Clubs of Canada