|Staff provided Council with a status update on the recent public consultation initiatives which included a public information centre (PIC) and online survey for commercial and residential parking at Tuesday’s meeting.
Key issues that were discussed with residents during the recent consultations included:
- Daytime On-Street Parking;
- Overnight On-Street Parking;
- Weekend and Holiday Parking;
- Parking during Special Events;
- Parking in municipal public parking lots and facility parking lots;
- Road Maintenance Activities;
- Access for emergency response vehicles;
- Neighbourhood relationship issues; and
To read a full synopsis of comments received, view the report here.
A key element of the public consultation was the online Parking Survey which was developed by Town Staff and made available on the Town’s website for a period of 30 days. The survey asked questions about parking needs and experiences.
The survey received 708 responses. To read the survey results, click here.